Monday, December 9, 2013

Making Money for Your Computer Lab

This artwork was borrowed from  Monkey Art Awards.
Sorry, we have no money in the budget for that.
We have all heard those disheartening words. Nothing hurts worse than finding an amazing site that the kids can really use only to be told that there is no money. Not one to sit around and whine (which does no good) I get off my tush and earn that money!

I have tried all the usual things; candy sale, bake sale, raffle, garage sale, begging....
These things all get you the dollars but they require a lot of work and often some upfront capital. I can't afford that so I looked around for ways to earn money that had no upfront cost. One of the best ways I have found  is the Box Tops for Education program.It requires little work from you but you reap BIG rewards. It is easy to get started. Sign up. Print collection sheets. Write a note or use the one from the site and voila! The money starts rolling in! Each seal is worth 10 cents. You can't beat that! 
The seals are easy to spot and are on most products you already use. For a list of eligible items click here.

Collection Sheets
You can download collection sheets or you can make you own. To get ideas for sheets I go to Pinterest (no surprise there right?) I love this sheet that looks like a dollar bill. It reminds the parents that for every ten box tops the school gets one dollar!
This is the  sheet that I am currently using. I made it myself in Office Publisher.
                                                      
The kids get a chance for a McDonald's gift card and they love it!.
It doesn't matter if you make you own sheet or use one of the site's sheets. Just get started. You will be VERY glad you did especially when the check comes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment