Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Some Days You Just Have To Laugh!

Teaching can be the most frustrating and also the most rewarding thing you will ever do.
Some days you just want to duct tape the little monsters to the wall and other days you want to hug them till they pop!

Through it all you have to remember to laugh! If you don't laugh you will be a miserable individual!!

Funny story:
I was in my third year of teaching. Six weeks into school I was moved from one campus to another.
If you have never been in that situation let me tell you that when the teachers are allowed to choose the kids that go to the new teacher they aren't always kind about it. You get the kids who are low or who have behavior problems.
I had such a class. The kids were a wild mix and most days were like grabbing hold of a bull and trying to last six seconds!
One day we were working on a project to go with the story in our reader and one of my little girls came up to me in tears!! She could hardly speak and trailing behind her was the offending boy.
I finally got her to calm down enough to speak and she looked at me with luminous eyes and said in a loud voice, "He says Barney sucks and Barney does NOT SUCK!"
I stood there and tried my best to keep from laughing but it was no use. I turned away from her and laughed until I cried!
When I turned around my eyes were wet as I sternly admonished them that Barney was just fine and that we didn't use such language in school. It is one of my favorite memories of that class.


No comments:

Post a Comment