Friday, February 21, 2014

Music While You Work

Teaching technology has its perks. No longer do I have to grade stacks of papers and for that I am eternally grateful. Teaching technology does require time and effort creating lessons, writing lesson plans and surfing to find the correct information for a given topic. 

While I work I enjoy listening to music. I am known to go to Youtube to listen to my favorite groups but with the annoying advertisements that now precede every song I started looking for an alternative.


iHeart Radio was the first one I tried.
I have to say that their format is not what I like. You cannot choose a genre. You have to choose a musician and it puts together music. If you want to change you have to create whole new stations.
All in all I found it a pain.

If you try it and you like it you can get an app for it.




I tried Pandora and fell in LOVE! They have a free version and I used it for a while but I liked the format so much that I paid for a year subscription. It is $36 a year and worth EVERY penny!
I can listen to just what I want and the station learns as you use it.. When you choose a like it brings up more songs like that one. If you don't like a song it makes a note of that too.

My current music of choice is The Piano Guys, Two Cellos and music of that genre. It is contemporary music done in a classical style. Very soothing but still upbeat.

Spotify is my newest love... Thanks HUBBY!
It has all of the features of Pandora but can be customized more.
The cost is $9.99 per month. That is a bit steep for a poor school teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment