Sunday, February 9, 2014

TCEA 2014



The theme of this year's event is "Get Inspired" and as always, I WAS and still AM!
I love going to TCEA. It is the highlight of my year because it is a time to see what is out there to help prepare the kids for the future. Now I would be lying if I said that there wasn't fun for the teachers too but we don't talk about that when the administrators are around! ; )

Click HERE to go to the official TCEA site.

So what is TCEA?
From their website:
TCEA is a member-based organization devoted to the use of technology in education. Our primary focus is on integrating technology into the PreK-12 environment and providing our members with state-of-the-art information through conferences, workshops, newsletters, the Internet, and collaborations with higher education and business

I am always lucky enough to go for the week. I get to see all of the events unfold and take part in as many as my time and wallet will allow.




WORKSHOPS!
TCEA Workshops
I love the way TCEA sets up their schedule. The events are color coded so you know if you need to pay or can just see the session for free with your entrance fee. They even have it set up so that they will send you your schedule each day so you can keep yourself on track and never miss a workshop. This can be very helpful especially if you are in the vendor's area. You can easily lose track of time.
After the event there is a section on the website that allows you to view and download some of the information from the workshops. You can see the TCEA 2014 Handouts here. You might want to go and take a look because I don't know how long they will be there.


If you are the type who likes to volunteer they are always in need of people to help. The volunteer section is not open yet but it will be so keep checking back!


You can also present. My cousin was chosen as one of this year's presenters (nah, I'm not proud!) I figure if he can do it then maybe I can too! I am going to give it a shot for next year. If you think you might want to present you can find that information HERE.

Photo from the TCEA website.
There is an exhibit hall that takes an entire day or two to view. There are vendors of every kind and lots of goodies, give aways and chances to win things like iPads. You can get a feel for the vendors HERE.


All in all TCEA is absolutely worth every penny and every minute. I would suggest it to anyone! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment