Friday, January 24, 2014

Copyright, Fair Use and Research Skills for Elementary Students




Teaching copyright and fair use can be a bit tricky with kiddos. They automatically assume that everything on the internet is fair game. While most things are able to be used in a limited fashion it can still be confusing as to how much constitutes a limited amount..

We are beginning to learn Power Point and the kids will be using pictures from the internet to create the life cycle of the frog. I did what I could to research the subject and found the following websites that did a better job explaining it than I could! : )
I love Cyber Bee's little quiz. It is a quick way to get them started on what they need to know.
Copyright Kids
Copyright Alliance
B4UCopy


This is an article on teaching research but it goes with the whole copyright discussion.
I know there is much more but this should get you started down the right path!

No comments:

Post a Comment