Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Teaching the Teacher Using Youtube!


Say the word 'Youtube' and everyone will think of something different. Some think of the amazing cat and dog videos out there. Others think of the cool music videos one can view.
Now, these things are FUN, no doubt but Youtube can be a valuable tool for teaching the teacher.

You can use it to look up fixes for computers, iPads and a variety of other things. You can go to Youtube to get an idea of how to teach a lesson. I used it just the other day when I was struggling with teaching a fun, interactive and valuable lesson on Powerpoint. I knew what I wanted to do but I couldn't seem to make it coalesce into something so off to Youtube I went!
There was a teacher who had a new iPad she received from the ESL department. She had NO idea how to use it and neither did I so we jumped on Youtube and found out what she wanted. Easy!

Now if you are the brave type that likes to be in the limelight then please get out there and make videos for others to share! They don't have to be movie quality they just have to show what you are teaching! Teachers are the most valuable resource to other teachers!
If you have a video out there please let me know so we can share it with others! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment